Covent Garden gives visitors the royal treatment this June with the Great Piazza Party, British countryside gin experience, royal tours and more
18th May 2022
- Covent Garden will host the Great Piazza Party from 1st - 5th June in celebration of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, with jubilant pop ups from Aperol and Feast It street food vendors serving the best of British food favourites throughout the Bank Holiday weekend
- The Warner’s Country Garden pop up will offer visitors a gin barn filler with British countryside-inspired cocktails and immersive experiences from 1st June - 1st July
- The estate will be adorned with 4000 Union Jack flags, bunting, and swing seats, as well as eye-catching red, white and blue floral arrangements all for photo moments
- Visitors are invited to walk the red carpet known to Royals throughout history and explore the hidden spaces of the iconic Royal Opera House in their ‘Backstage Royal Tour’
- Guests can capture a regal pose with the “Queen’s Guards” guarding The Ivy Market Grill
- Restaurants and retailers including Tag Heuer, VASHI, Charlotte Tilbury and more will be toasting the occasion with complimentary bubbles
- The neighbourhood will continue to offer over 1000 al fresco dining seats across more than 55 restaurants making it the perfect spot to enjoy the summer sun all month long
- Covent Garden remains home to London’s best beauty, jewellery, fragrance, and lifestyle brands including Royal Warrant holders Molton Brown and Penhaligon’s, and the global flagship store from the exclusive partner for the Queen’s Commemorative Jubilee Pageant, Charlotte Tilbury
- Save the date for Wimbledon Championships screening on the Piazza from 27th June
This June, Covent Garden will provide visitors with the royal treatment, kicking off the month with a jubilant Bank Holiday celebration for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, including a Great Piazza Party featuring a pop up Aperol bar, the best of British foods, extra special drinks and offers throughout retailers. For the remainder of June, the estate will continue to be home to must-visit experiences with a Warner’s Country Garden Gin Barn bringing a taste of the British countryside to the Piazza, Wimbledon championship screening from 27th June as well as a variety of must-visit al fresco drinking and dining options. With more activity still to be revealed, this all makes Covent Garden the perfect one-stop destination for shopping and dining in the heart of London this summer.
From 1st - 5th June, visitors can enjoy the Great Piazza Party on the iconic Piazza in celebration of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. Must-visit activities for the weekend include the best of British dishes served from different Feast It street food vendors, as well as a pop-up bar with Aperol, who will be bringing the joy to Jubilee with its Aperol VW bar and stylish seating area. Adding an Aperitivo twist to the Jubilee celebrations, visitors can step into a lovingly-recreated corner of Italy for the long Bank Holiday weekend to enjoy an Aperol Spritz and a selection of delicious sunshine-themed beverages to sip on al-fresco.
Throughout the weekend the estate will also be resplendent in traditional British decorations, Union Jack themed bunting and swing seats, as well as red, white and blue floral arches.
Especially for the Jubilee weekend, Londoners can raise a glass to The Queen with a complimentary glass of bubbles for diners at Floral by LIMA or a Sambatini cocktail and a special samba sushi roll at SUSHISAMBA. Bullards Gin will also be sampling a Jubilee Ginboree cocktail specially created for the event. A quintessentially British afternoon tea will also be served at a number of restaurants including Petersham Nurseries, The Ivy Market Grill, Mariage Frères, Lilly’s Café and more. Byron will offer limited-edition menu choices fit for a queen including ‘The Elizabeefan Burger’, using all British product, plus the ‘Eton Mess Milkshake’, Britain's favourite dessert in a cup. For more sweet treats, Floozie Cookies will be running a month-long celebration of new flavours as well as a 500 cookie giveaway.
The Jubilee celebrations will also extend to Covent Garden’s retailers, with Charlotte Tilbury, the exclusive beauty partner of The Queens Commemorative Jubilee Pageant creating an exclusive Platinum Jubilee collection available at the Covent Garden store. The flagship boutique will be celebrating in style with a 50’s style street party serving up scones and cream, sandwiches, tea and prosecco as well as a royal treat of live performances from an Andrew’s Sisters style quartet.
Visitors can also get their hands on Royal Warrant beauty products from Molton Brown or Penhaligon’s across the estate. Plus, on 4th June Radley will offer visitors the chance to meet the iconic Radley dog in person and enjoy 15% off in store. Olivia Burton will offer a Jubilee Weekend gift with purchases over £100, and Tag Heuer, Monica Vinader, and Charlotte Tilbury will be offering bubbles in store throughout the weekend. Other boutiques across the estate including Ganni, Paul Smith, American Vintage, Bucherer, Mulberry, Polo Ralph Lauren will also host their own celebrations across the long weekend.
To capture the royal celebrations, guests visiting The Ivy Market Grill between 12-3pm on Thursday 2nd - Sunday 5th June will also have the opportunity to greet and take photographs with the “Queen’s Guards”, who will stand to attention at the entrance to the restaurant.
To top off the celebrations, on June 3rd visitors are invited to walk the red carpets and grand stairways of the iconic Royal Opera House in their Backstage Royal Tour. Guests can explore the hidden spaces known to Royals throughout history, from King Edward's smoking room to the Royal Box and retiring rooms of the Main Stage.
Throughout the Jubilee weekend and the month of June, the Piazza will also host the Warner’s Country Garden Gin Barn, an exclusive pop up bringing a piece of the British countryside to Covent Garden until 1st July. Celebrating the British Isles, the pop up will play home to bee hotels to teach visitors the importance of bees in the gin-making process, mixologists will create exclusive G&Ts and gin based cocktails, guests will be invited to pick their own farm-grown garnish and there will be an immersive gin experience, designed to stimulate and enhance the senses. On World Gin Day, 11th June, Bullards Gin will launch five new cocktails in their brand new Covent Garden store, as well as offering a £5 discount on 70cl bottles and pouches for all shoppers.
For visitors looking for spots to dine outdoors throughout June, Covent Garden’s bars and restaurants offer the perfect al fresco options, with over 1000 outdoor dining seats across 55 restaurants, with heaters and umbrellas for the cooler evenings. Global and independent restaurants offering both outdoor and indoor drinking and dining options also include The Oystermen, La Goccia, Frenchie, Cora Pearl, 3 Henrietta, Balthazar, Ave Mario and more.
For further information on new openings, experiences, shopping and dining visit Coventgarden.london