Capital & Counties Properties PLC (we, us, our, etc.) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are the data controller in respect of any personal data we collect via our site.
1. Data we may collect from you via our site
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This will include your address, email address and telephone number (where you have provided them) and details of any request you make for us to send you any press releases or reports or other information;
- if you contact us via our site, we may keep a record of that communication and any communications and correspondence with you;
- details of your visits to our site; and
- information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to collect aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
3. What we use your personal data for
We may use any personal data we collect via our site to:
- respond to requests which you have submitted via our site and to deal with ongoing matters relating to such requests; and
- present content from our site in the way that we consider most effective.
- When we will disclose your data
4. When we will disclose your data
We may disclose your personal data to our group companies at any time (which means our subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006 at any time).
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- who provide us with services, where we need to in order to provide you with any press release, report or other information that you have requested. For example, we may need to disclose your personal data to our Registrars, to our brokers or to our PR advisers in order to provide you with any information you have requested from us. These third party service providers may be located in South Africa;
- where you ask for information about any property that is no longer owned by us or by any of our group companies, in which case we may pass your personal data to the new owner of that property;
- if we or any of our group companies sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer, and transfer your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we sell any group company in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer and transfer your personal data to the buyer of that company;
- where we consider that we need to in order to comply with any law or regulation, where we suspect that any criminal offence may have been committed, to protect our rights, property or safety or that of others and in any circumstances where we consider that we are permitted to do so by law or regulation; and
- where that third party is a professional adviser to us or any of our group companies.
5. When we will transfer your personal data to South Africa
We will transfer your personal data to our third party Registrars in South Africa, and to our other third party service providers in South Africa, in each case for them to process and store, where we need to in order to respond to any request for information you make:
- if you hold shares on our South African branch register; or
- where that request relates to any shareholding on our South African branch register or our listing on the JSE.